1. Natural Whitening MethodsSuggestions for natural ways to brighten your smile have become increasingly popular on the internet, but are they effective and safe? It’s important to remember that just because something is natural doesn’t mean that it’s safe for your teeth. Even completely natural ingredients can be acidic or abrasive if applied to your teeth directly and can lead to unwanted damage. If you’re considering trying a natural method to whiten your teeth, talk with your dentist first to ensure that it won’t put your dental health at risk.
2. At-Home Whitening ProductsThere are many whitening products available for at-home use. At-home teeth whitening products are so in-demand that Americans spend over 1 billion a year on them. Options range from whitening toothpaste to whitening strips, gels to complete whitening kits. When using at-home products, make sure to read the instructions on the label and only use as directed to avoid the risk of increased dental sensitivity.
3. UV Light TechnologyBlue light technology has become a popular way for whitening teeth thanks to its ease of use and mess-free application. In fact, dentists use UV light technology as part of professional whitening treatments. Like other treatments, UV light can cause increased sensitivity if used improperly, so make sure to follow directions for use.
4. Professional Dental CleaningSometimes our teeth appear less white due to surface stains from food or drinks and activities like smoking or vaping. A professional dental cleaning can help your smile to appear brighter by helping to clean away tartar and surface stains from your teeth. If you think your teeth may be discolored from surface stains, or if it’s been more than 6 months since your last professional cleaning, call your dentist to make an appointment.
5. Professional Whitening TreatmentThere are many ways to brighten your smile, but when you want the best results with the highest level of safety and efficiency, a professional whitening treatment is the most effective, tested, and proven option available. If you think you may be interested in a professional whitening treatment, talk to your dentist to discuss the options available. Many people put off whitening treatments because they don’t know how quick and easy it is or that there are financing options available to make it possible. Don’t delay! A brighter smile could be yours sooner than you think.
Call our Helotes Dental Office to make an appointment with a dentist who may be able to help you find out more about this topic, and improve your oral health.